02 May 2011

Too Faced Lock Down in Bedroom Eyes and Dramarama


Traditionally I have always been a powder shadow girl. I don't know why, but they've always been more readily available and therefore, the colours are were varied. However, having watched a few tutorials, (Lisa Eldridge and Pixiwoo amongst others) where cream shadows were used to great effect, I decided it was time for a change.

After looking at various cream shadows online and weighing up my options, price/colour/availability I settled on Too Faced Lock Down in two colours, Bedroom Eyes ( described as a medium brown) and Dramarama ( described as a dark brown).

The creams arrived in tubes rather than tubs as pictured above, which seems more hygenic and a little goes a very long way, so the small size should not be too worrying. Upon first application I found these hard to master and if I'm very honest, I have to admit I suspect I shall always lean more towards powders when I need a five minute face. I was a little surprised at which colour turned out to be more flattering, as usually I love my dark browns, they're versatile, flattering to my blue eyes and generally a good safe option. However, it was Bedroom Eyes that was the more used in the end. This is a great colour, versatile and undemanding of endless blending. It looks great as a wash, a base or as part of a brown smokey eye. There's some sparkle without looking like the Christmas tree fairy and the wear is quite frankly, amazing. Still there after a full day's work in the heat.

Dramarama was somewhat less impressive. Now, I have to say, perhaps in more dexterous hands this would be better used, but I find it hard to blend and much less flattering, perhaps it's a bit too warm toned. It's too dark and opaque for a wash, too fluid for controlled crease work and too flat. It's been sitting in my bottomless makeup bag for months now, barely used. Maybe it will be resurected one day and put to use, but for now it is not to be.

So, if you're thinking of trying these out, I would suggest starting with Bedroom Eyes, it's a much better investment. If any of you have suggestions for using Dramarama, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment