29 April 2011

Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm in Mint

I've been using the 'new' (not sure how long it's been out, but it's new to me) mint lip balm for a few weeks now and I have to say I am actually impressed. This has SPF and apparently the menthol in this kills bacteria. I don't know about you, but I like the sound of that. I actually like the cool tingly feeling when first applied to the lips and although this might not feel as nourishing as thicker balms like the original Carmex in a tub, it does the job nicely. My normally cracked lips have been behaving themselves since I started using this.

The final preview test happened at the weekend when I wore this under a lipstick. I applied, blotted and then layered the lippie over. This kept the lipstick from drying out my lips for a while and when I needed a little extra I just dabbed a little Carmex on top. My lipstick looked perfect all night and my lips stayed moist, an added bonus is dabbing a little of this on in public is far more discreet than whipping out lipstick and a mirror. Yes, really my lips naturally look this red and luscious;-) Not bad at £2.55 from asos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment