17 February 2011

ELF Brushes

A while back I decided to try out some ELF brushes and ordered the following:

Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush £1.50
Studio Complexion Brush £3.50
Studio Fan Brush £3.50

As you'll have noticed, 2 were from their Studio line and 1 was from the basic line. This was intended in order to get an idea of the difference in quality between the 2 lines. Both are very inexpensive, but I have to say having seen them in person and tried them out, there is no comparison.

The Studio line is infinitely superior. The Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush is too small in my opinion to be useful for contouring or highlighting and the bristles are rough. Not a brush I have used more than once nor one I can see myself using in the future.

However, the fan brush and complexion brush are much softer and have been put to decent use. The Fan is a nice little brush for applying highlighters across the top of the cheek bone and the Complexion brush is great for insuring highlighter and bronzer/ blusher are suitably blended.

I wouldn't compare these to more expensive brands like Sigma etc. they are not intended for the same market I'm sure, but if there's a brush type you'd love to try without committing, this could be a solution.

As you can see from the prices above these are all very cheap, but I would recommend you go for the Studio line at just £2 more for a much better quality product if you wish to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment