19 December 2010

Creamery Creek Farm - Goat Milk Soap

After becoming a recent convert to Sulfate-free shampoos, I'd been toying with the idea of sulfate-free shower products. I'd heard some noise about Goat Milk Soaps and thought I would give it a try.

There are some good reasons why Goat Milk might be good for our skin, it contains amino acids and vitamins A, C, E and K for example. People rave about milk face masks because the lactic acid is an excellent exfoliant and the pH levels in Goat Milk are close to our skin's, so it tends to be less drying.

For the past week I've been experimenting with Cleopatra's Bath, which is made by Creamery Creek Farm. It's phthalate free, SLS free, and Paraben free (I have no idea what phthalates are), which is what I was looking for. It contains Frankincense, Myrrh, honey, oats and kaolin clay. Sounds decadent, right? There's a full list of ingredients at the bottom. When I first opened the package, I was greeted with a lovely scent, which reminded me of something, but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. It's kind of creamy ( in a good way), butterscotchy. something like that. I still can't figure it out, but I can say I love it. People say that lack of sulfates means good bye lather, well they are wrong. There is a glorious lather with this soap when I use a shower puff.


  Anyway, you're never going to believe this, but my dog ( she's a bit of a nutter) decided to eat my almond body oil and with the week being as hectic as it has been, I had no time to go buy body lotion or oil. Usually, if I don't moisturize religiously, my skin itches by the end of the day and by the next day, starts to flake. Surprisingly, neither has happened and it's been about four or five days. This is a first for me, it's Winter, the central heating's on, this is not usual. The only change to my routine has been using the soap as opposed to the usual gels. I have to come to the conclusion that this soap is really nourishing and moisturizing for my skin. At $5 the price is not incompatible with most drug store price shower gels. Creamery Creek Farm post world-wide and it didn't take very long for mine to arrive, during December no less. We all know a little allowance is normally needed during the postal rush.

There are so many soaps in this range including everything from 'chocolate-mint' and  'Blackraspberry Vanilla' to 'unscented oatmeal' and 'Tea Tree' and the size of a bar is much bigger than I had anticipated.  I think I'll be going for the 'Cleopatra's bath' again and trying 'Chocolate-mint'. Postage outside of the US costs the same for between 1 and 8 bars, so I think it'll be a batch job, perhaps some for me and the rest for presents. 


Ingredients: Fresh Goat Milk, Saponified Skin Loving Oils; Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Soybean Oil, Local Raw Honey, Kaolin Clay, Powdered Colloidal Oats, and Fragrance Oil.

PS. If you log onto the website they have the cutest pictures of their goats with lots of information about their products. 



.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment