15 December 2011

Last Minute Christmas Shopping


Image sourced from clipartclipart.com


Shopping for pressies can, at times, seem like the nightmare before Christmas. Stressed out shoppers, long lists and longer queues can sometimes take the joy out of what should really be a time for family and loved ones.

So, I say avoid it. Shop from home at your leisure if you can. From the safety of my living room I can take my time and really put some thought into it, with a glass of mulled wine to add to the Christmas cheer. An added bonus is the extra time I get to spend with my loved ones here.

I live in Portugal, but most of my family live in Ireland, so any of those companies that only deliver to one or the other are simply out of the equation.Over the years I have found I keep returning to the same websites and they have never failed me. ASOS is great for winter woollies and accessories. Feelunique has great deals on beauty items and gift sets. They both deliver for free and have always delivered on time. Amazon comes in handy for a stocking filler or two (watch out for supersaver delivery) and Lookfantastic seems to be doing free delivery now. For something shiny, try John Creed.

Some companies that appear to have extended the destination list of late are Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, John Lewis, Miss Selfridge and even Marks and Spencers. I'm spoilt for choice.

An added bonus is that most of these sites have great online sales in January as well, hurrah! I just wish Boots would start delivering abroad and then I'd be all set. Are you listening, Boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment