07 March 2011

SHIELO - Color Protect Reflecting Conditioner


Sourced from http://www.shielo.com/color-protect-conditioner.html
Another Sulfate-free product from Shielo. Now, I have to admit I have been so obsessed with trying to find the best sulfate-free shampoos that I hadn't even considered conditioners. I'd be interested to know how many of those have sulfates, well not Shielo - Color Protect Reflecting Conditioner.

This light reflecting conditioner is designed for use with colored hair which tends to be more porous and dull, packed full of goodness resulting in the appearance of healthier, shinier hair. Apparently, it also helps to reflect UV rays and as we all know, sun is the number one enemy of any hair colour during the summer months.

Having used this I have to admit, it is a pretty good conditioner. It left my hair soft and manageable without weighing it down. There was no pancake hair. I can't really say my hair reflected light as it's blonde and blonde hair, unfortunately, doesn't shine like other colours. At least mine doesn't:-( This could be particularly good for those of you with darker hair or red heads, when those colours shine, they are gorgeous. What I really liked about this product was the fact that it contains proteins. My fine hair loves proteins, it immediately feels stronger and thicker when I use them.

From the sample I received I thought the product seemed quite thick, so could possibly be used as a mask in a pinch. As a normal conditioner they recommend leaving on for 45 seconds, which isn't bad. I hate having to wait for longer in the shower for conditioners to work. Masks I can do about once a week without grumbling too much. This is a product I would love to try for a longer period of time, perhaps over the summer months, to see what it can really do.


Sourced from http://www.shielo.com/color-protect-conditioner.html
As you can see from the list of ingredients, there are some really nice things in there for antioxidant effects. Even better is that cute little bunny wabbit at the bottom, meaning these products are cruelty free. Truly an SLS, cruelty and guilt free product.

No comments:

Post a Comment