17 March 2012

St Paddy's Day in Portugal

Since it's not a holiday in Portugal most people would think I was a bit mad if I were to don a full-on St Paddy's day get-up complete with 'Kiss me I'm Irish' t-shirt and oversized green hat. Therefore, I have settled on my shamrock socks, which are a little more work appropriate.

Since I last blogged, a lot has happened, personal issues, study issues, you name it. I have moved house three times within 6 months, complete moves with furniture, which was exhausting. Have you ever had a period in your life when everything, just every single thing turns to ash? Well, although that may seem a bit extreme, that was how it felt, so to say I was feeling less than inspired is an understatement.

Hopefully, all, if not most of that is behind me now and I can move on with my life, cue Kelly Clarkson's hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I&ob=av2n. Since I last blogged, I have been winning the battle with cystic acne (knock on wood) and have changed up my routine a tad. I've also found the most amazing product for dandruff/ psoriasis of the scalp. It is AMAZING. I'll be giving details over the coming posts.

I've been invited to a wedding in the summer and so, dresses, hair and tan are on the list. I need inspiration. Perhaps I'll forgo the tan and revel in my paleness with something in a shocking red colour for a dramatic contrast. Provided it's the dress that's red and not me of course, so sun protection will be as ever on my list of essentials.

Any suggestions for a website that does suitable dresses for weddings at a decent price and delivery to Portugal would be greatly appreciated. It's been a while since I have been to one and wouldn't you know it, they were all winter weddings, so I have nothing for 30+ degrees in Portugal in July type wedding attire. The other puzzle is going to be figuring out a way around high protection and flash back. Do I risk a lower factor or do I look like a more ghostlike version of myself than usual? Is that even possible considering I am already NC15 in MAC?

Any suggestions would gladly be taken on board.

Anyway, can I just say for now, Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the long absence. Happy St Paddy's day wherever you are La Fheile Padraig:D

No comments:

Post a Comment