31 October 2010

My recent passion for nail polish from China Glaze

The original Ruby slippers used in The Wizard ...Image via Wikipedia
Lately, I've been having a bit of a thing for new polishes. Gone are the days of matte and gloss, limited to reds, pinks and naturals. Now, every colour of the rainbow is available, from Taupe to navy, from shimmer to suede finish. Celebrities flashing their mani billboards with messages a la Lindsy Lohan or slightly more discrete nail jewels have happily embraced a love for all that verges on the tacky.


As you may have guessed, I'm not a huge fan of gaudy nails.  I've always been of the opinion that just because it's a pretty colour, doesn't mean it's appropriate for our paws. Having said that, there are occasions when a girl just wants to have fun and occasionally we can get away with things by making them convincingly ironical.


For any of these purposes and more "China Glaze" seems to be just the ticket. This particular brand is difficult to find in Europe and I have yet to see it in shops or online here. However, I have heard so many bloggers and youtubers raving about this particular brand, I just had to check it out. Online I toddled and found someone on ebay that had the polishes at the right price and wasn't charging an arm and a leg for postage. If you're interested, it was strawberryfieldsforever29.


So, I happily ordered Ruby Pumps and Ravishing Dahling, the first being a sparkly red as per the name and the second being a slightly more sophisticated darker creamy red. Now, perhaps this is a little premature, but I am very impressed. Today is not only a Saturday, but a Saturday on a long weekend and the night before Halloween. Already I have received not only confirmation of my order, but strawberryfieldsforever29 has already sent me a tracking number.


Basically, in all my time of ordering online and  believe me I've been ordering long and frequently from all over the world with large and small companies, this has to be the fastest in processing the order. It took less than 5 hours from point of order to point of dispatch.


Now, I know what your thinking... don't count your chickens etc. etc. I'll let you know when they arrive and I'll review the products separately.  I like to live with them for a few days in order to check out chipping and wear. I'll also let you know how long they took to get here in the end.


Have a Happy Halloween everyone



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment